W h a t a month July has been. For me anyway, namely because work was super intense. Working in events can be pretty unique, because in the space of just 30 days you get to experience the pressure of build up, the craziness of the actual event itself, and then the deflation of it all during breakdown. A rollercoaster of emotions to say the least.
(Speaking of work, earlier this month I wrote about career lessons, which you can read here!)
Sophie Hulme Coin Purse - A cheeky Net-A-Porter sale splurge after a particularly gruelling day at work. Downsizing from my traditional bulky purse to this sleeker envelope style purse has saved so much valuable bag space! I've admired Sophie Hulme bags for yeeears so I'm excited to finally own a piece by her.
Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick in 'Nude' - My parents were in the States so naturally I had to put in a makeup request! I was apprehensive about this shade as it's totally out of my comfort zone (I'm usually team bold and bright) but I'm slowly but surely falling in love with it!
L'Occitane Hand Creme - another gift from the US of A, this is scented like roses and omg I'm obsessed.
- God's Own Junkyard by Natasha Todd - I stumbled across some photos of God's Own Junkyard on tumblr, and mentally filed it away as 'cool art installation thing that's probably in the middle of the Californian dessert and I won't get to visit this lifetime'. However later that very same day fate brought me to Natasha's blog, where I was happily informed it is in fact located in our very own London!
- 20 Art Journal Prompts by Dorkface - I've been getting more and more into art journalling lately, but sometimes I have no idea how to express my ideas onto the page. Jemma has some perfect ideas here, number 7 is definitely my favourite!
- The Venice Photo Diary Part I by The LoveCats Inc - if you've been blogging for all of a hot minute, chances are you'll have come across Helen's masterpiece of a blog at some point. Her content is always flawless on all platforms, and I can't decide what's more enviable; her beauty stash or bag collection. Recently she's been diversifying her topics to cover more travel & lifestyle, and I'm really excited to follow this new direction - this post has me poised and ready to hop on the next flight to Venice!
An acquisition in my ongoing quest to up my shoe game, these python effect tasseled loafers from Zara have stayed on my feet an awful lot this month. Best of all, my super narrow feet don't slip out of them as I walk, which is something I usually struggle with!
- Jonas Blue - Perfect Strangers
- Carlos Vives & Shakira - La Bicicileta
- Eve - Tambourine
- Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend
- Madonna - Iconic
Eyes are tend to be my main focus when it comes to doing my face, so I think it's about time I gave this cult product a go. I've heard largely positive things about it, but would love to hear your thoughts if you've tried it!
What were your July highlights?