Thursday, 8 October 2015

Beauty: Amazon US Haul

As a late 21st birthday present, some of my relatives from across the pond generously bestowed me with an Amazon gift card. I had the best intentions of saving it for 'things I really needed' but it wasn't before long that makeup became 'things I really needed'. As the gift card was only redeemable on the US site, I was easily tempted by the countless brands that are more difficult to come by here in the UK. Here's what I chose...

Sunday, 4 October 2015

Read/Wear/Listen/Want | September

Upon sitting down to right this post, it just occurred to me that for the most part of my life, September has signified the return to school, college or university - that is of course until now. For the first time in 16 years, I'm not getting excited about new pencilcases, anxiously anticipating which maths teacher I'd been assigned or packing an assortment of kitchenware into the car to head off to student digs.

Instead, there's been no change; I've continued working the same hours I've worked since I started my new job back in June. The mornings have got slightly chillier and daylight has started fading earlier, but it other than that, my routine's pretty much the same. I guess this is yet another startling reminder that I've reached Adult Life..?!

Friday, 2 October 2015

Fashion: Autumn Wardrobe Edit

It’s clear that the autumn party is well and truly in full swing across the digital style community. My various feeds are awash with velvety suede boots, cosy knit dresses and turtlenecks in a flurry of mustards, burgundy and forest green. There’s just something about dressing for this time of year that’s an utter delight, and with the season ahead of us I decided to share some of the key pieces I know will be on heavy rotation throughout the forthcoming months. 

Sunday, 20 September 2015

Essential Instagram: Favourite Hair Accounts

90% of the time, I probably rock about 2 hairstyles in total. If it's not scraped into a haphazard ponytail it's left loose, blowing in every which way direction and boasting a considerable amount of frizz. The other 10% of the time, I'm attempting some plaited-twisty-bun-sidepony-backcombed hybrid masterpiece that I saw in a 15 second Instagram tutorial and somehow thought it would be a good idea to recreate myself.

And so, for the 3rd edition of my 'Essential Instagram' series, I thought I'd share my favourite mavens of manes - in the hope that at least I won't be the only one walking around with a feeble looking French plait...enjoy, and may your tresses be tangle-free and toss-worthy always!

Friday, 18 September 2015

Outfit: Obnoxious

fuchsia trench wrap coat - Ted Baker 'Nevia' coat (available here)
ribbed stripe knit dress - LU NYC via TK Maxx
black suede & leather ankle boots - Farringdon London via TK Maxx (available here)
hat - depot venté (vintage)

If there's one thing that I've found makes colder mornings more bearable, it's the thought of bundling up in an obnoxious coat. Be it a fuzzy furry cocoon or a boldy patterned box shaped coat, making a statement with outerwear is a surefire way to beat the blues throughout winter.